Monday, October 20, 2008

A Bunny Request

"Mommy, let's go shopping and buy a Yo Yo Gabba Puzzle. Let's go!"

Ever since Grandpa & Grandma Harvey bought the bunny a nine-piece wooden Dora puzzle last May, the bunny has been crazy for jigsaws! We had been playing with wooden puzzles for quite some time - the kind where one shape fits into only one slot. It didn't occur to me to see if she could do any other kind.

Fast-forward to July and the bunny is working twenty-four piece jigsaw puzzles without using the picture on the box as a reference. By herself. She doesn't want anyone to help and if you try, you get an earful. "It's not your turn to play the puzzle, it's Jordan's turn!"

For our trip to PC for Mike's reunion, I bought the bunny two new puzzles and it wasn't long before she was combining the pieces then solving both simultaneously. I got her a two-sided puzzle, thinking it would stump her. It did. For about thirty minutes.

So now I'm looking for more challenging puzzles. I'm thinking we need something more than twenty-four pieces but fewer than fifty pieces. If any of you see puzzles that would fit this criteria, please let me know where to find it. And if the Yo Gabba Gabba characters are on it, that would be a bonus!

Check out our puzzle princess in action:

3 comments:

  1. the gnome loves puzzles as well! i bought him a 12-pc puzzle a little over a month ago. he began methodicaaly putting it together in the same order after working it only two times.

    is the puzzle in the vid the one by melissa & doug that comes in a wooden box? e is getting that for xmas...along w/ a 24-pc one. i suspect he'll have them figured out by bedtime.

    we really have a perfect match! when they come see up in the nursing home, they can work a 5000 pc puzzle while we snooze! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seriously should get these kids together. Jaydin loves puzzles! We don't do Yo Gabba Gabba, though .... TOTALLY gets on my nerves. LOL!! I'm glad you're updating. I love to hear about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Henry loves his puzzles too. We do the wooden ones (where each piece fits in one spot), and then we have a TON of old "frame tray" cardboard puzzles, like what I had when I was a kid (some of them are mine that had been saved).

    Have you looked on ebay for the kind you are looking for? I just searched "puzzle 30" in the puzzle section and came up with a handful of matches for 30 piece puzzles. I'm guessing you'd get the same results by searching for "puzzle 40", etc.

    ~Sarah (Sairabee)

    ReplyDelete