Last weekend Mike took the kidlets to the park while I stayed home. I had a killer headache and wanted to nap. I heard my cell phone buzz, but I ignored it. Then the house phone rang. It was Mike, so I answered and heard:
"Honey, I need your help. The kids are locked in the car with the engine running."
I always thought I'd be the one to lock them in the car!
Evidently, the mosquitoes were so bad, Mike quickly put the kids into the car. Then he quickly started the car to get the air blowing so the mosquitoes couldn't fly well. Then he quickly shut the door. Quickly. And he was still standing outside. My car automatically locks a few seconds after the car is started. It won't lock if any of the doors are open. He was only a fraction of a second away from not locking himself out. But he sure was fast!
And since I did such a good job teaching the kids not to play with the locks, neither was cooperative about unlocking the door for Daddy. Is it bad that I'm giggling about this? So this week I showed the bunny how to lock and unlock the door. She still can't open it because we've got the child door locks activated, but now she'll be able to bail her daddy out so he doesn't have to go searching for large rocks anymore. (Yeah, he was ready to break a window...I was taking too long to pull up on the white horse...)
So now, the bunny has to, "lock-ah-lock" every time she exits the car. She says, "lock," as she flips the button to the locked position. "Ah-lock," as she flips it back to the unlock position. "Now it's your turn, Mommy! Lock-ah-lock!"
Combine this activity with the 10-15 minutes it takes to load the car, and we need to block half a day just for travel preparations. Nevermind the errand will take less than 15 minutes...Gotta love the bunny independence!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love the video! "Don't stop, don't stop, you'll get it right." How cute is that?
ReplyDeleteYou've been tagged. Check out my blog for details. ;o)
ReplyDelete