Friday, August 7, 2009

Plantation to Plantation

I feel reasonably confident that everything is going to work out so I'm ready to share our fantastic news! By this time next week, we should transfer ownership of the house on Mango Street and pick up keys to the house on Dewberry Drive.

Most of you know we've been watching the housing market for the last couple years. We had a loose "three-year plan" where we would save like crazy to be able to move into something bigger. Then, when the right house came along, we'd be able to jump on it. That house came along on a Monday, we looked at it on a Wednesday, and we made an offer on a Thursday. We also put our house on the market the same day!

Since then it has been a whirlwind of cleaning, showing, painting, de-cluttering, inspecting, consulting, repairing, re-inspecting, and finally packing. I think the hardest thing on me was keeping this house "show ready" with my clutterbug kidlets underfoot. My tornadic activity an hour before a showing was a sight to behold. Thank goodness the cameras were off! Mike says the hardest thing on him was the double all-nighter we pulled to paint the main area of the house. Remember, kidlets underfoot make painting a bit difficult...

It all paid off! We got a contract on the house within three weeks and we are now a week away from closing. I'm going to be a bit sad about leaving our first home...the home we built...the only home our kids know. I'm sure I'll cry when we back out of the garage for the last time.

But we're not moving far! And I'm sooooo excited about our new digs! It's a GREAT house! It is a little older and will need some TLC but it's perfect for our family! Even the bunny is ready and constantly tells us, "I need to buy a new home, the one wif the stairs."

We'll be gaining more square footage and much more yard. We'll be on the creek and on an out-of-the-way street with no thru traffic. But we won't be far from town. I can't wait to show everyone!

So without further ado, because I know this entire post is a gush fest, check out some photos of our new place.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! Congrats! The house is gorgeous :) I wish you many happy years in it!

    *** and I totally cried when Chris and I moved out of our first home. Everyone made fun of me but you are leaving behind so many memories (and I didn't have any kids there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! It's beautiful and it looks HUGE. How big is it?

    I'm loving your back yard and that heart wallpaper...and very jealous of the craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, you crack me up! That heart wallpaper is in the kitchen! I'm not a fan of wallpaper. Anywhere. ;) It's 2500 sq. ft. and it's sooooo well laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooooo excited for you!!!!! I can already tell that you guys are going to LOVE that yard!!!!! I'm going to look at pictures now. :)

    ReplyDelete