Friday, September 11, 2009

Swings & Things

This is a sad, sad picture.
We had a droughtful summer, but the day they* came to build the playground, it rained. All. Day. Long. I'm totally loving the rain, but so sad because the kidlets stared longingly out the window at their new friend. The "new park" was very lonely that day.

The next day, there was rain again. But we got a break in the afternoon and the kidlets acquainted themselves with their new friend!
She's really, really happy.
He is, too. Really.




They played until it was nearly dark. Then they went for a walk by the creek with Daddy. On the way back, they saw a snake.
I'm thinking four feet. Maybe five?
We were all excited to see Mr. Snake! He's a good one...a non-venomous one that eats rodents and the like. The kidlets wanted to touch the snake, but we kept our distance and waved goodnight.

The next day we played most of the afternoon away.

Worth every penny!

*They built it in 3 hours. Would have taken us 3 days. And probably a lot of swearing.

3 comments:

  1. If you had built it yourself, it wouldn't have been completed until after the rain and the kiddos wouldn't have had to stare longingly out the window for two days. tsk. Bad planning, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a play set like that. Luckies.
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Snake! That's another reason why we don't live on the creek side. Like I would know that it was non-venomous, I'm from the city!
    Your new play set rocks!
    --Marion

    ReplyDelete