Tuesday was Noah's last day of school before the weekend and he brought home this drawing. Go ahead and take a guess.
Mike took Wednesday off to be here for the HVAC dudes installing our new furnaces. The 21 year-old dinosaurs in the attic pretty much fell apart when they were disconnected and left a lovely trail of rust all the way down the stairs. Yuck! But the mess cleaned up easily and now we have safe heat! Just in time for some super-cold (yes, low 40's is super-cold for us) overnight temps. During the home inspection, it was discovered that the furnaces were emitting higher than normal levels of carbon monoxide, but not enough to kill us...yet...Comforting, right? Anyway, we were reluctant to use them at all. We arranged to get the new furnaces after the summer heat was over and before the cold weather started.
Mike also learned how to use the fireplace that day. The bunny loooooooves her new fireplace. She has claimed it as her own. She's the boss of everything! She fell asleep that night, on the floor, wrapped up in a blanket, with her, "baby sister, Jordan."
Here's the turkey...
Mike is in charge of the meat and I do the rest. And I have to say, I love, love, love having two ovens! I didn't have to schedule oven time for all the dishes or make anything the day before.
Behind door number one, we have: green bean casserole topped with crumbled bacon and cheese, Pioneer Woman's buttered rosemary rolls, and brown-sugar glazed roasted sweet potatoes.
Here's the spread:
Today, Saturday, I FINALLY unpacked the dining room and Mike brought home our Christmas tree. Needless to say, the kids were super excited about it. I'll have photos and more stories later!
No comments:
Post a Comment