Monday, December 28, 2009

The Best Christmas Ever!

When I said it last year I meant it. I'm saying it again this year and I still mean it. It was the best Christmas ever! This year we were lucky enough to have Bud join in the festivities. It was the first Christmas the kids got to spend with a grandparent and did I mention it was the best ever?!

Grandpa arrived the day before Christmas Eve and the bunny was beside herself excited. She basically clung to him every moment she could.
Are these not the sweetest moments ever?
On Christmas Eve we baked and decorated cookies for Santa. Noah was totally into eating the decorations. The bunny was a model of complete concentration until her task was complete.
Noah's cookies:
The bunny's masterpiece:
Look at all the Harveys!
I made the kids sit with the plate of cookies for a photo. I'm sure they would have rather eaten them. But they didn't. They left them for Santa. They're the best kids ever!
Funny thing happened as Mike put the kids to bed. Bud and I went to the craft cave to retrieve the gifts that required assembly. The craft cave is directly above the bedroom. A part got dropped and made a loud THUD! We knew the kids weren't asleep yet. Oops!

Later when Mike emerged, he told us the bunny was very concerned about the noise she heard. Mike told her it was the reindeer landing on the roof! She bought it. WHEW!

On Christmas morning I staged myself in the tree room to capture the kids as they entered. I wasn't expecting this reaction:


Stay tuned for more of the Best Christmas Ever 2009!

Bud, thank you so much for making the drive out here! Your being here was the best gift of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment