Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

We've done nothing but play since Christmas. This year was the best Christmas ever! I have a feeling I'll be saying that every year for many years. The kids just make it so much fun and we all get to play with toys!

Growing up, I used to feel sad when I saw that my sisters and I had many packages to open and my parents only had few. My mom didn't even seem interested in opening anything. She was always much more focused on watching us. I get it now! There is nothing like seeing the joy in your child's face when they dig into something that really grasps their attention and watching them play happily.

It's especially wonderful this year because Noah is verbalizing what he wants to do. He's repeating words, even trying out new phrases like, "Merry Christmas," when prompted. It's starting to become hard to remember what it was like before Noah started letting us hear his voice. I'm not sure I'll ever tire of hearing him talk!

So one of my new toys is a waterproof camera. We spend so much time in the water, I wanted something to capture the splashy moments! Here are a few from the day after Christmas.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I hope the new year brings everyone much peace and love, prosperity and happiness, good health and fun!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how our perspective on life changes after we have kids. They become the most important thing! Great pictures, glad you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete