Mike disturbed a snake this morning while mowing. After confirming it was a coral snake he ran over it with the lawnmower. It was somewhere between 16 and 18 inches long. The tail was mangled beyond recognition. The kids and I were inside during all the excitement, but Mike came in to tell me about it and get the camera. Being the nature freak (or is it freak of nature?) that I am, I wanted to see the snake for myself and take the photos. I need to start remembering to bring a ruler when I do this.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Snake in the Grass
Warning: Do not read any further if the thought or sight of snake guts makes you want to barf. Instead, close your eyes and scroll down to some cute hummingbird photos and videos. I'm giving you the chance to retreat and wait for another happier, snake-free post. But for those of you who don't mind seeing reptile entrails, carry on.
Mike disturbed a snake this morning while mowing. After confirming it was a coral snake he ran over it with the lawnmower. It was somewhere between 16 and 18 inches long. The tail was mangled beyond recognition. The kids and I were inside during all the excitement, but Mike came in to tell me about it and get the camera. Being the nature freak (or is it freak of nature?) that I am, I wanted to see the snake for myself and take the photos. I need to start remembering to bring a ruler when I do this.

Mike disturbed a snake this morning while mowing. After confirming it was a coral snake he ran over it with the lawnmower. It was somewhere between 16 and 18 inches long. The tail was mangled beyond recognition. The kids and I were inside during all the excitement, but Mike came in to tell me about it and get the camera. Being the nature freak (or is it freak of nature?) that I am, I wanted to see the snake for myself and take the photos. I need to start remembering to bring a ruler when I do this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment