Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Poor Pooooooor Jordan

I decided to pick up a few things at Wal-Mart after I got the bunny from school today. Since it was also lunch time, I asked her if she wanted to get a cheeseburger at McDonalds. Um, is the bunny a princess? Of course she wanted a cheeseburger! And since the Mickey D's is in the back corner of the store it was super convenient.

As soon as we got inside, she had to go potty, so we made our way to the back of the store. The restrooms are cleaner back there, you know. ;) On our way, we discovered an end cap with Dora faux Crocs. Deeper into the shoe aisle, we found the Disney Princess and Tinkerbell fraux. She just had to try them on! (Yes, she is my shoe-lovin' girl!) She insisted on trying on the size 13, but since I was really going to buy them I wanted her to go for a more reasonable size 7. She wanted nothing to do with my helping her. She batted me away and said, "Don't touch me!"

Alrighty!

"Jordan, that was not nice. You will not be getting those shoes today. Let's go potty and let's go have lunch."

"No, Mommy! I do! I do get these shoes."

"No, you don't. Put your shoes back on and let's go."

"No, YOU put them on me!"

So I did. Then she told me that it wasn't my turn to put them on, it was her turn. Then she yanked her shoes off and pitched a fit. Good times.

I told her it was time to go and walked away. She got louder, but stayed put. Great. I had to go in. And get her. And carry a screaming preschooler out of Wally World. I told her not only would she not be getting shoes, she would not be getting a cheeseburger. O. M. G! You'd have thought I beat her right then and there. She was more distraught about the cheeseburger than the shoes!

"Mommy, I do get a cheeseburger! I'm sorry. I turn it off now."

Too late. I don't make empty threats. We went home. We had a talk. I asked her if she wanted a grilled cheese or peanut butter & jelly sandwich for lunch. She replied, "Cheeseburger." sigh

She picked the PB&J because I told her I'd choose for her if she didn't. Do you think she's getting the message that I say what I mean and I mean what I say?

Anyway, I don't have any photo or video footage of our afternoon adventure - although I almost wish I did because it was so entertaining. But I do have a video of the poor, poor Jordan getting a bandage for her toe owie. She stubbed her toe and lost some skin and carried on and on and on for days...


3 comments:

  1. LOL! My princess has done the same thing before! Got to love that girlie independence. ;o) Carole favorite saying is "I do it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) for Mommy!! I am sooo proud of you!! You win Parent of the Day Award!!!

    Poooor Jordan will survive...I am so proud of mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. We soooo have a match. Total match. I don't know if it's a match made in heaven, but it's a match. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete